- The guide will not be held liable for any mishap and it is at your own risk.
- Root any Android phone will Void Warranty, the same goes with Samsung Galaxy S4. You can get warranty again by updating back your device to the stock version.
- Your data on the phone may be wiped out during the process, so you had better backup the entire data.
- Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark and 80 percent charge is better.
- Download and install the USB drivers for your Galaxy S4 to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in Galaxy S4 by going to Menu> Settings> Applications > Development > USB debugging. Make sure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- Download the XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to the computer and extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root Android 4.2.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Switch off the phone. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to enter into Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN on your computer and connect S4 to computer while it is in the Download Mode. If the phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
- Select the files that you need to install on the phone.
Click on 'PDA' and select file with 'CODE' in its name
Click on 'Phone' and select file with 'MODEM' in its name
- In ODIN ,select the 'Auto Reboot' and 'F Reset Time' options in Odin. And also select the 'Re-Partition' option only in the case of the .pit file is being used.
- Check everything again and then click the 'Start' button in Odin to begin the installation process.
- Once it is done, the phone will restart automatically and when the home screen appears on the device, unplug the USB cable.
Click on 'CSC' and select file with 'CSC' in its name
Click on 'PIT' and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the next steps in case such files are not found.