A few days before, I have shared the method of root Galaxy S4 GT-9500 (Exynos 5 Octa), and now the US version Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (LTE Qualcomm Snapdragon 600) also gets the access to root. Following is the guide that is confirmed by the recognized Android developers and XDA forum member ‘Chainfire'.
- The method is based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and firmware XXUAMD2.
- Rooting is risky and guaranties loss of warranty.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung KIES to your PC to make the device can be detected by the PC.
- Ensure the device is at least 60% charged, better if the device is up to 80-85% battery level.
- Make sure you back up all the data on your device before the root process.
- Enable USB Debugging by tapping on Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging. When everything is completed, remember to untick USB Debugging.
- Download CF-Auto-Root Android 4.2.2 Package and ODIN v1.85 to your computer, and then unzip the files.
- Turn off the S4. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons+ Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Release the ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Home’ buttons and press the ‘Power’ button once to enter ‘Download Mode’.
- Double-click the file named ‘Odin3 v1.85.exe’ to run ODIN on your computer,and connect Galaxy S4 to the computer while it stays in the Download Mode. Note: The sign of succeeding connect the phone with computer is one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5′,which should be found from the extracted files in step 1.
- Ensure ‘Repartition’ is unchecked and make no other changes in ODIN.
- Click the Start button in ODIN, and ODIN will begin its work. When finished, your device may reboot into Recovery Mode and install the root package / files automatically. If not, reboot it.
- When you see the Samsung Home screen, unplug the phone from the computer.
Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on Official Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean Firmware