What is a Blackberry OS? Maybe in the times that smartphones are here and there, you take no attention on it. But with the new and anticipated mobile OS Blackberry 10 and the new smartphones A10 ‘s announcement, you cannot neglect it. Facing with the strong rivals iOS and Android, can Blackberry 10 get its space in the smartphone market? Just know some details first.
Blackberry 10 opens the door to the smartphone for RIM, so to speak. It is completely changed rather than the simply upgrading from the old version. The interface is just like the mix of Android and iOS, which offers the full different experience for customer. It is an entirely polished gesture-driven system compared to the old system. You can know the main features about it in the following.
- Four core parts: Home, App Interface, BlackBerry Hub and Application list
- Supports multiple e-mail addresses, calendars, and social-networking accounts
- Supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, mobile hot spot, VPN, and Internet tethering.
- WebKit-based browser fueled by HTML 5, and you can also toggle on Adobe Flash support in the settings.
- BlackBerry Messenger(BBM) for peer-to-peer messages, photos, voice notes, contact information and files, voice chat, video chat, and screen sharing
- Excellent Email service and Precise Voice Control service.
- BlackBerry Balance to split a BlackBerry phone into two separate devices, one for work and one for personal use
- StoryMaker service to make and edit personal videos
- About 70000 apps offered for Blackberry devices but most of them are ordinary such as Facebook ,Twitter
- Keep Secure with a security wipe, a pop-up blocker, parental controls, certificates, and application permissions
The Blackberry 10 undoubtedly brings something new to us, so what about Blackberry Z10, the important smart device for RIM? Take a simple look at it. Appearance: It is very similar as an iPhone with straight edges that meet at rounded corners, and a roughly 4.2-inch screen. The phone stands 5.1 inches tall, 2.6 inches wide, and 0.35 inch thick. You have two color options, black and white just like iPhone.
- Display and Hardware: With a 4.2-inch LCD display,Z10 comes with 1,280x768-pixel WXGA HD resolution(355 ppi).Packed with 1.5GHZ dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor,2GB RAM and 16GB flash memory(available to expand up to 48GB), Z10 also has the accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and ambient light sensors. Camera: Z10 includes two cameras, the 2-megapixel 720p front-facing camera and a 8-megapixel 1080p HD shooter in the back which can take bright, zingy outdoor shots.
- Connectivity and call quality: Z10 offers you Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0,NFC ,4G LTE and other network services, and you can browse the web very fluently. The call quality is perfect but not include the loudspeaker.
- System: Z10 run the Blackberry 10 OS.
- Performance and Battery: According to the test of CNET, Z10 offers you the smooth speed to load the website or do some operation on the phone. The battery can last for up to 10 hours over 3G for calling, 12.7 days of standby time over 3G, up to 60 hours of audio playback, and up to 11 hours for video playback with its 1,800mAh battery.